Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Stuff.. It's now July 1st..



Hi Gang,

Wow.. It’s July 1st already.

Field Day 2014 is now something for the history books. I visited 23 different sites and put over 700 miles on the car this past weekend. It was a lot of fun, but I’m exhausted. I was fed at every location and I’m sure I've put over 10 pounds back on. My diet went out the window with this event. But I have to say, Ohio has the best cooks, hands down. Next year I’m going to post a sign on my back that states..  “Please, Do Not Feed the Section Manager..”  by orders from his wife. 

I wasn't the only Cabinet member out there either. A number of other Cabinet members were out and about as well. Overall I would say that between all of the Cabinet members we put more than 2,000 miles on our vehicles to visit with all of you. I've heard from them all and they've reported that they were also fed very well. Trust me when I say this, the Ohio Section can’t be beat for their hospitality and great food.  Pictures from Field Day are posted on the Ohio Section website. Here’s the link: 
http://arrl-ohio.org/fd-pix/index.html


The calendar says it’s almost the 4th of July..  Now I have to tell ya’ while out on my motorcycle rides around the countryside, I am seeing the corn at “knee high” already, and that’s good – “knee high by the Fourth of July..”  The farmers had a hard time getting into the fields in the early spring, but it looks like things are still on time and all of us will be enjoying sweat corn on the cob in a few weeks.  “hot dog..”

With this time of year there it also brings out those crazy folks who want to spend a lot of hard earned money on the pyrotechnics. Be careful!! Remember only YOU can prevent my house from being burnt to the ground. Last year I didn't have to visit any of the commercially produced fireworks displays as that my neighbors put on a show that lasted well into the middle of the night. Unfortunately, in the morning I had to clean up all the debris from that fantastic show. Stuff was everywhere. It was quite a mess. Luckily nothing got destroyed, but I did have several bushes with burnt areas on them. Oh well..

With all the celebrating that Americans do to show our hard earned freedoms, please, I can’t stress this enough..   “Let’s be careful out there..”  and remember, freedom isn't free, it comes with a price. Honor the veterans, keep the faith and most of all..  HAVE FUN..


73..

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ARRL Ohio Section
Section Manager: Scott D Yonally, N8SY

--------------------------------------------------------------------